Cochin Shipyard Limited, incorporated in the year 1971 as a fully owned Government of India Company has been in the forefront in the Social Welfare and philanthropic activities, much before the CSR concept came into being.Cochin Shipyard formed a CSR Cell way back in 2010 and started earmarking funds and spending as part of its CSR activities.
CSL is committed towards holistic welfare of the society by undertaking CSR activities within the ambit of Schedule-VII of the Companies Act, 2013, as amended from time to time. The thrust areas for CSR activities will be:
1. Inclusivity: Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water;
2. Education: Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement project;
3. Responsibility: Promoting gender quality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups;
4. Environment: Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro-forestry, conversation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
5. Heritage: Protection of natural heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up of public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts;
6. Support to Armed forces veterans: Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
7. Sports: Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympics sports and Olympic sports;
8. Relief Funds: Contribution to the Prime Ministerís National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for Socio-Economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, Minorities and women;
9. Technology incubators: Contribution or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government;
10. Rural Development: Rural development projects.
Click here to view the Company Policy Statement